British Measurement & Testing Association
BMTA was created in 1990 in response to the need for an independent ‘lobby’ for the private sector to speak with one voice to Government, UKAS, BSI and other official bodies on issues affecting the whole measurement and testing community.
BMTA represents the interests of the measurement and testing industry in the UK and in Europe, through its representation on EUROLAB, the voice for laboratories in Europe.
BMTA will encourage you to make your views known in the standards making process, both nationally and internationally, through the Association and individual membership of relevant committees. We work to increase awareness of the measurement and testing industry, and provide training, through seminars and workshops, on topical subjects. It is a non-profit making association that is run by a Council elected by its members.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION INCLUDE:
- To develop and, when appropriate, represent the interests of the Measurement and Testing Industry in the United Kingdom
- To provide a forum for the exchange of views on topics relating to measurements across all technical disciplines
- To disseminate up-to-date information on measurement methods and techniques
- To provide informed comment and suggestions on National Measurement System programmes
- To support the development of both measurement and specification standards
- To identify common measurement problems and to promote their solution
- To represent the European interests of the British Measurement and Testing Industry by arranging representation on EUROLAB via the EUROLAB UK consortium
- To promote education and training in the fields of measurement and testing