Incremental Sheet Forming (ISF)
“NOW HERE IN THE UK”!!
ISF is an incremental sheet forming process suited to low volume and one-off manufacture.
ISF utilises a very small tool contact area to achieve controlled deformation with low applied loads and very high accuracy. The tooling costs and lead times are a fraction of what is currently used in traditional sheet forming operations.
The ISF process uses a gantry based tool mounting or robot mounted tools to increase the working envelope and facilitate the simultaneous operation of multiple tools.
- Prototype & Concept
- Automotive, Aerospace, Rail, Marine – Low volume and pre-production parts
- Repairs for aftermarket
- Architectural/ Signage features
- Personalised/customised products
- Medical applications
- Legacy parts (pre CAD/CAM)
- Up to 5mm thick
- Mild Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Gold, Silver and Platinum
- Composite pre-preg
The investment in tooling is minimal, a ‘form tool’ is made from medium density model board. This former can be modified as the part design evolves.
- Low tooling costs and reduced lead times.
- High tolerance and level of detail on parts.
- Low volume, on-offs, and variants produced easily.
- Ability to work hard materials and large working envelope.
- Incremental deformation using small tool contact areas minimises applied force and spring back.
Please contact Roger Onions at email@example.com for more information.