FAC (Farnborough Aerospace Consortium)
FAC (Farnborough Aerospace Consortium) is a business-winning trade association with national and international members. It is the longest established aerospace and defence trade body in the UK, providing support to some 300 companies located in southern England – the heart of the UK’s aerospace industry.
Through its unrivalled experience and expertise, FAC acts as an enabler for business between large primes and the supply chain, particularly Small to Medium Size Enterprises. It enables its members to become more competitive and increase their market share through facilitating local and international trading, technology transfer and development, sharing of best practice and training plus lobbying at national level on key issues facing the sector.
The FAC recognises the consequences and impact of globalisation. It is committed to the long-term strategic growth of the aerospace and defence sectors, ensuring the region continues to excel on a global scale.
FAC aims to make a significant contribution to sustaining a prosperous aerospace and defence industry in the UK by:
- Being a leading aerospace and defence trade body
- Supporting and championing the cause of the aerospace and defence industry
- Providing a brokering service to help members win new business
- Developing for all relevant sectors an effective contract winning and collaborative working mechanism to win and undertake work
- Being recognised internationally as a key portal for investment and business winning aerospace and defence opportunities in the UK particularly for SMEs
- Being recognised by academia and research establishments as a key route to the aerospace and defence industry
- Being accepted by Government and the industry as the principal voice of SMEs in the aerospace and defence industries in the UK
- Working with appropriate partners to establish an effective learning and skills programme to attract and retain people in the aerospace and defence industries and to develop the skills of the existing and future workforce.
- Developing funding sources for FAC and its members including membership services, consultancy and winning and managing Government projects/initiatives
- Establishing good communications with the media to promote the aerospace and defence industries.